Saturday, February 15, 2014

Gardener

beautiful image borrowed from link poetry cottage
I have little plots of this
And some little plots of that
And I break up ground
And pour in rain
And seed the place all flat.
Every species known by name
Every tenderness discerned
Yes, the hurting, hoping, lonely
Sadly judged, abused and spurned.
But the hardiness will come
With my love and pruning knife
And the blooms and fruits a-plenty
From my own Abundant Life.
Bringing Me delightful Glory
Bringing Me the lips of song
Soaking in the Gospel Story
Fragrant children, ever strong.

1 comment:

  1. Doug this is absolutely beautiful, so needed and you have personalized it for me, thank you ... may it bless many. This rose was borrowed on my blog also; but many of the others have bloomed where I am ...

    ReplyDelete